The first-ever docking of two spacecraft was achieved on March 16, 1966, when Gemini 8, under the command of Neil Armstrong, rendezvoused and docked with an unmanned Agena Target Vehicle.
What does ATV stand for?
ATV stands for Agena Target Vehicle (NASA)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ATV
We have 88 other meanings of ATV in our Acronym Attic
- Absorber-Element Test Vessel
- Accurate Traffic Volume
- Active Travel Vietnam
- Added Therapeutic Value (medications)
- Adjustable Travel Volume
- Advanced Technology Video (Coppell, TX)
- Advanced Television
- Advanced Test Vehicle
- Advanced Tether Vehicle (oceanographic equipment)
- Afrikaanse Taalvereniging
- Air Technical Avionics (Royal Australian Navy rating)
- Air Test Vehicle
- Air Transit Visa (various nations)
- Aircraft Trailing Vortices
- Akademiet for de Tekniska Videnskaber (Academy of Technical Sciences, Denmark)
- Akaryakit Tuketim Vergisi (Turkish Fuel Consumption Tax)
- All Terrain Vehicle
- All the Virology on the WWW (World Wide Web; website)
- Allgemeine Technische Vertragsbedingungen für Bauleistungen (German: General Technical Specifications in Construction Contracts; Germany)
- Alternativ Til Vold (Norwegian: Alternative to Violence)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The world's first space docking was achieved in 1966, when the manned US spacecraft Gemini 8 docked with an unmanned Agena Target Vehicle.