Patients were waiting for incredibly long periods of time to be seen and, in the end, patients were leaving the hospital against medical advice because there were simply no beds for them.
What does AMA stand for?
AMA stands for Against Medical Advice
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AMA
We have 503 other meanings of AMA in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Metering Analytics (Badger Meter)
- Advanced Mobile Applications (est. 2004; UK)
- Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
- Advanced Motion Accelerator (monitor displays)
- Advertising and Marketing Association (University of Virginia)
- Aerosol Manufacturers' Association (South Africa)
- Aerosol Monitoring & Analysis (est. 1981; various locations)
- Afghan Medical Aid
- Africa Medical Association
- African Muslim Agency
- Aged Ministers Assistance
- Agence Mondiale Antidopage (French: World Anti-Doping Agency; Montreal, Canada)
- Aggregated Multicast Address (multicast provisioning)
- Agreement on Movement & Access (Israel and Palestine)
- Agricultural Management Assistance (Program)
- Agricultural Market Access
- Agricultural Marketing Act of 1946
- Ahmedabad Medical Association
- Air Materiel Area
- Airborne Meteorological Assembly
Samples in periodicals archive:
Despite favorable recommendations at the hearing, the school's administration referred the child to the alternative school against medical advice.
He fought against medical advice to recover from a serious shoulder injury to make it to the Games and said: "I think I have got that winning determination and that uniqueness that I think all successful people in life have.
The jury in Doyle's murder trial heard he had turned up late to collect her from the operation on June 30 last year and was so drunk after a day in pubs - during which he made leering comments to other women - she had been forced to go against medical advice and drive them both home.
I will never forget when we had the longest meeting on record to decide on the building of the Ricoh Arena and she discharged herself from hospital against medical advice just to cast her vote.
Some of the topics that will be discussed at the workshops will include managing clinical risk, risk management and its importance in organisations, integrating patient system into microsystems, how to control salmonella outbreak at HMC and discharge against medical advice in paediatric emergency, among others.
He had second degree burns and needed skin grafts, and remained in hospital until early April when, against medical advice, he discharged himself.
I had to check myself out of there against medical advice.