of Regensburg, Germany, which places the origins of African-American English in the musical tradition of the blues.
What does AAE stand for?
AAE stands for African-American English
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AAE
We have 134 other meanings of AAE in our Acronym Attic
- Active-Assistive Exercise
- Acute Asthma Exacerbations
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Administration Acquisition Executive
- Advanced Aerospace Engineering (Romania)
- Advanced Applied Entomology
- Advanced Attitude Epoch
- Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Auxiliary Equipment
- Affirmative Action Employer
- African-American Experience
- Age at Exam
- Agency Acquisition Executive
- Agent Administratif d'Entreprise
- Agriculture and Applied Economics
- Aide Aux Entreprises (France)
- Airborne Armament Equipment
- Aircraft Appliances and Equipment Ltd (Brampton, Ontario, Canada)
- All About Eve
- Allgemeine Anschalterlaubnis (Telekom)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Common dialectical variations found in our society are reviewed, including African-American English, Spanish, Asian-influenced English and Eastern, Southern Appalachian and Ozark English.
the daughter of a Chilean immigrant, and Ayres, a 27 -year-old Anglo-American counseling psychologist, had grown in just a few short weeks of Advent sessions where Latino parishioners taught Spanish to Anglo and African-American English speakers and vice versa.