Uganda contributes more soldiers than any other nation to the 16,000-strong African Union Mission in Somalia (Amisom), and their loss would leave recent gains against al-Shabaab vulnerable.
What does AMISOM stand for?
AMISOM stands for African Union Mission in Somalia
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Automated Maintenance Information System
- Automated Management Information System
- Automated Meteorological Information System
- Availability Management Information System
- Healthy Cities Air Management Information System (World Health Organization)
- Acquisition Management Information System/Procurement Management System (US DoD)
- Australian Marine Industries and Sciences Council
- Approximate Mean Integrated Squared Error
- Asymptotic Mean Integrated Squared Error
- American-Mexican Insurance Services Incorporated
- Advanced Modular Incoherent Scatter Radar
- Advanced Manufacturing Integrated System Technology
- Asset Management Inventory Support Tool (software; Codered Business Solutions Inc.)
- Australian Meat Industry Superannuation Trust (trade group fund)
- Aviation Maintenance In-Service Training
- Associate Member of the Institute of Structural Engineers
- Active Middleware Technology
- Advance Multimedia Internet Technology, Inc. (est. 1998; Taiwan)
- Aerospace, Manufacturing and Information Technology Cluster (Arizona)
- Aircraft Maintenance Intuitive Troubleshooting (US DoD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Addis Ababa said the areas it controls would be handed over to the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM).
20, 2011, African Union Commission, Jean Ping, inspects an African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) guard of honour following his arrival at the mission's headquarters in Mogadishu (AP) The workshop at the AU's Addis Ababa headquarters brought together both actual and potential Troop Contributing Countries (TCCs) to the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM), IGAD, the United Nations, the European Union and relevant bilateral partners, to look at the achievements of the Mission to date and the challenges ahead.