At the Mirage, he'll help introduce a new PBS "American Experience" documentary on the Freedom Riders, before helping the First African Methodist Episcopal Church catalogs were for the outhouse.
What does AME stand for?
AME stands for African Methodist Episcopal (Church)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AME
We have 262 other meanings of AME in our Acronym Attic
- Adjustment of Model Estimates
- Advanced Medical Electronics Corporation
- Advanced Metal Evaporative (media)
- Advanced Modeling Extension
- Advances Mechanical Engineering (conference)
- Adventure Mountain Explore (travel company)
- Aeromedical Evacuation
- Aeronautical Maintenance Engineer
- Aerospace Management Element
- Africa and the Middle East
- African Methodist Evangelical (Church)
- Agence de la Maitrise de l'Energie
- Agence Méditerranéenne de l'Environnement (French: Mediterranean Environment Agency)
- Agreed Medical Evaluator
- Agreed Medical Exam(iner)
- Aide Médicale de l'État (French: State Medical Assistance)
- Air Materiel Element
- Air Mobility Element
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (Transport Canada)
- Airlift Mobility Element
Samples in periodicals archive:
Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama and daughters Sasha and Malia joined the 2,500-strong congregation at the Allen Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church in the mostly-black Anacostia area of southeast Washington.
Titled the "Great Gathering," that summit will include the leaders of the Black Methodist Churches --African Methodist Episcopal (AME), African Methodist Episcopal Zion (AMEZ) and Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME).
That includes demonstrating that the gay community wants to be inclusive, said the Reverend Leonard Jackson of Los Angeles's First African Methodist Episcopal Church and past president of the Los Angeles Council of Churches.
2) (p 5) Yet, in spite of these restrictions, Harris observes, African-Americans were initially able to sustain a unified community in New York City through celebrations (such as that commemorating the end of international slave trade in 1806), mutual-aid societies and churches (such as the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church and the African Society), and eateries, taverns and dance halls (such as Thomas Downing's Oyster Bar on Broad Street).
In addition to the development of Municipal Lot 1, the City is working with the Macedonia African Methodist Episcopal Church, located on the Eastern edge of the site, to develop affordable housing on a half-acre parcel north of the Church.
Joe Darby of Morris Brown African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston.
ITEM: "Speaking to the African Methodist Episcopal Church world conference in Indianapolis" Democratic' presidential candidate John Kerry, "called for 'a new era of responsibility' that asks as much of government as it does of citizens.