He has served as an NGO representative and expert advisor on a variety of Government of Canada delegations to multilateral disarmament forums and, among his current appointments, he is a Commissioner on the World Council of Churches Commission on International Affairs and a member of the Board of Directors of the Africa Peace Forum of Nairobi, Kenya.
What does APFO stand for?
APFO stands for Africa Peace Forum
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of APFO
We have 3 other meanings of APFO in our Acronym Attic
- Associated Programme on Flood Management
- Association of Property and Facility Managers (est. 1995; Singapore)
- Asymmetrical Peristaltic Field Manipulation
- All Pakistan Flour Mills Association
- Andhra Pradesh Farmers' Management of Irrigation Systems (India)
- American Patriot Friends Network
- Asociación de Padres de Familia Nuevo Amanecer (Association of Priests of the Dawn of the New Family, Guatemala)
- Adequate Public Facilities Ordinance
- Adjusted Profit from Operations (finance)
- Aerial Photography Field Office
- Ammonium Perfluorooctanoate
- Asia & Pacific Field Office
- Association of Principal Fire Officers
- Association of Programs for Female Offenders
- Apex Farmers Organization of Ghana (Accra, Ghana)
- All Pakistan Federation of Labour (trade union)
- Acute Peripheral Facial Palsy
- Adult Physical Fitness Program
- African Paediatric Fellowship Programme (South Africa)
- Alliance Plastics Finishing Products (Santa Fe Springs, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The conference, which was jointly organised with Ploughshares, the Africa Peace Forum, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from Mali and the Canadian Embassy, was attended by about sixty delegates from west African, with participation by the African Union (AU).
Prepared for Africa Peace Forum, African Women's Development and Communication Network, Africa Institute of South Africa, and Project Ploughshares, September.
Acronyms and Abbreviations APFO Africa Peace Forum ATT Arms Trade Treaty ATTSC Arms Trade Treaty Steering Committee CSO Civil society organization ECOWAS Economic Community of West African States IAEA International Atomic Energy Agency ICC International Criminal Court IDP Internally displaced persons IGAD Inter-Governmental Authority on Development NATO North Atlantic Treaty Organization NGO Nongovernmental organization NORAD North American Aerospace Defence Command NPT Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty OAS Organization of American States OEWG Open-Ended Working Group PrepCom Preparatory Committee SOCRATES Satellite Orbital Conjunction Reports Assessing Threatening Encounters in Space SSN Space Surveillance Network TLE Two-line element UNSC United Nations Security Council
A parallel civil society research project was organized under the management of the Nairobi-based Africa Peace Forum (APFO), funded by Canada's International Development Research Centre (IDRC), and with technical input from Project Ploughshares.
Acronyms and Abbreviations AFCCL Automatic Firearms Country Control List ANA Afghan National Army ANP Afghan National Police APFO Africa Peace Forum ATK Alliant Techsystems Inc.
The Africa Peace Forum (APFO) and Project Ploughshares are working together with IGAD on one of those tracks in support of its initiative to build a peace and security architecture for member states--Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, Kenya, and Uganda.
Project Ploughshares and the Kenya-based Africa Peace Forum (APFO) have been working together to support peace in Sudan since 1999.