Libya's plans to invest $314m on building stadiums this year to prepare to host the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations international football competition have resulted in a massive budget of LYD 400m for the construction of infrastructure for the event (AFP Photo) By Nada Badawi Libya's upcoming investment projects will help sustain the country's double-digit growth in 2013, said Libyan Deputy Prime Minister Awad El-Barasi at the launch of Libya Projects 2013.
What does AFCON stand for?
AFCON stands for Africa Cup of Nations (football)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AFCON
- Air Force Coordinating Office for Logistics Research, Headquarters Plan & Programs Division, Information Systems Branch
- Air Force Commendation Medal
- Association For Computer Operations Management
- Air Force Combat Ammunition Center
- Air Force Cadet Officer Mentor Action Program
- Air Force Cryptographic Operational Maintenance Manual
- Air Force Comptroller Management Engineering Team
- Air Force Commissary Service
- Air Force Communications Security (USAF)
- Air Force Communications Security Center
- Air Force Controlled Unit
- Air Force Cryptographic Operational Operating Manual
- African Centre for Peace Building (est. 2009)
- Air Force Combat Operations Staff
- American Federation of Clinical Oncologic Societies
- Armed Forces Courier Service
- Automated Fund Control Order System
- Air Force Communications-Computer Officer Training
- Air Force Command Post
- Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation (US government)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Because the Africa Cup of Nations comes as a terrible shock to them each time it rolls around.
Byline: Dan Williams TOGO are as short as 10-1 to win the Africa Cup of Nations after they qualified for the quarterfinals with a controversial 1-1 draw against Tunisia yesterday, and they are 11-8 with Ladbrokes to beat Burkina Faso in the quarter-finals on Sunday, writes Dan Williams.
Summary: Egypt have won a record seventh Africa Cup of Nations title with a 1-0 win over Ghana in the final in Angola.
Summary: Tangier - HM King Mohammed VI sent a message of congratulation to the Egyptian president Mohamed Hosni Mubarak after the Egyptian national soccer squad won the 27th Africa Cup of Nations (CAN) 2010.
TOTTENHAM manager Harry Redknapp has backed GARETH BALE to fill the void left when Benoit Assou-Ekotto goes to the Africa Cup of Nations in January.
The Africa Cup of Nations is one tournament that's eluded me and in a way I'm quite envious of those commentators who are in Ghana right now savouring what must be a fantastic atmosphere.