In 1988, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) placed aflatoxin B1 on the list of human carcinogens.
What does AFB1 stand for?
AFB1 stands for Aflatoxin B1
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Association Francaise des Bourses
- Association Française du Boxer (French: French Boxer Association; dog club)
- Atelier de Formation de Base (French: Basic Training Workshop)
- Athens First Bank (Synovus Bank)
- Atmospheric Fluidized Bed
- Authorized Foreign Bank (Canada)
- Autofluorescence Bronchoscopy
- Award Fee Board
- Away from Brain
- Axial Flow Blower
- Aflatoxins B1 and B2
- Anderson-Fraser Boer Goats (Newman, IL)
- Aden Forces Broadcasting Association
- Affiliated Business Arrangements
- African Biographical Archive
- Albemarle First Bank
- Alliance Française Bordeaux Aquitaine (French; international school; est. 1982; Bordeaux, France)
- Allied First Bancorp, Inc.
- American Farm Bureau Association
- Appalachian Fiddle & Bluegrass Association (Pennsylvania)
Samples in periodicals archive:
When macrophages were exposed to aflatoxin B1 and B2, followed by bacterial stimulation, they produced very high levels of IL-6 and low levels of IL-10 compared with controls.
Chemically, aflatoxins are a group of difuranocoumarin derivatives and the major types of aflatoxins are aflatoxin B1 (AFB1), aflatoxin B2 (AFB2), aflatoxin G1 (AFG1) and aflatoxin G2 (AFG2).
Results of hepatobiliary scintigraphy response measurements (mean [+ or -] SD) of white Carneaux pigeons before and after oral administration of aflatoxin B1 as described in Tables 1 and 2.
Occurrence of Aspergillus section Flavi and aflatoxin B1 in corn genotypes and corn meal in Argentina.
The researchers demonstrated the concept on the detection of acetylcholinesterase (ACHE) inhibitors such as paraoxon and aflatoxin B1 on paper using a "lateral flow" sensing approach similar to that used in a home pregnancy test strip.
The researchers demonstrated the concept on the detection of acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitors such as paraoxon and aflatoxin B1 on paper using a "lateral flow" sensing approach similar to that used in a home pregnancy test strip.