A statement issued by ISAF today said, "Individuals wearing Afghan National Army uniforms turned their weapons against International Security Assistance Force members in Eastern Afghanistan today, killing one ISAF-contracted civilian.
What does ANA stand for?
ANA stands for Afghan National Army
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ANA
We have 264 other meanings of ANA in our Acronym Attic
- Active Network Abstraction (Cisco)
- Active Network Architecture
- Adiabatic Nuclei Approximation
- Administración Nacional de Aduanas (Spanish: National Customs Administration; Argentina)
- Administration de la Navigation Aérienne (French: Administration of Air Navigation; Luxembourg)
- Administration for Native Americans (US Government)
- Advanced Network Analyst
- Advanced Networks Applications
- Advanced Nursing Assistant
- Aeroportos e Navegação Aérea (Portuguese Airports)
- Agencia Nacional de Aguas (Brazil)
- Air Force/Navy/Army
- Al-Noor Academy (Massachusetts)
- Alabama Nurserymen's Association
- All Nippon Airways (Japanese airline company & ICAO code)
- Alliance for Nuclear Accountability
- Alsace Nord Athlétisme (French: Northern Alsace Athletics; Alsace, France)
- Amazon Nation Alliance
- American National Anthem
- American Negro Academy
Samples in periodicals archive:
com CAPTION(S): SUCCESS: An Afghan National Army warrior proudly displays his certificate
KABUL (PAN): The Ministry of Defence on Thursday repudiated reports that youth from Pakistan's northwestern Chitral valley had been recruited into the Afghan National Army (ANA).
Summary: Two British service personnel have been shot dead by an Afghan National Army gunman, Defence Secretary Philip Hammond has announced.