The Theater Express Process Customers (that is, units in the field) send their cargo that needs to be shipped to one of 64 aerial ports for movement on one of the 4,323 city-pair combinations (flight routes such as Kuwait to Bagram, Afghanistan; Kabul to Camp Bastion, Afghanistan; or Balad to Basra, Iraq) through which the Theater Express program operates.
What does APORTS stand for?
APORTS stands for Aerial Ports
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of APORTS
- African Partner Outbreak Response Alliance (global health)
- Asia-Pacific Operations Research Center
- African Programme on Rethinking Development Economics (South Africa)
- Adverse Pregnancy Outcome Reporting System (Illinois Department of Public Health)
- Advertising and Public Opinion Research (Public Works and Government Services Canada)
- Army Performance Oriented Review & Standards
- Army Performance Oriented Review System
- Asian-Pacific Operations Research Society
- Association of Asian-Pacific Operational Research Societies
- Aerial Port (US DoD)
- Aerial Ports & Air Operating Bases File
- Air Operations Bases Report (US DoD)
- Acoustic Processor Operating Station
- Action, Process, Object, Scheme (mathematics)
- Advanced Process Oriented Steering
- After Point of Sales
- All Phases of Step Cycle (pain treatment system)
- American Psychosocial Oncology Society
- Asia-Pacific Optical Fiber Sensors (conference)
- Austrian Positioning System
Samples in periodicals archive:
was established as one of two aerial ports of embarkation for the relief efforts, serving as a staging area for Air Force, Marine, Navy and Coast Guard troops, equipment and supplies to be flown into Port-au-Prince.
Their experience, coupled with analysis of movement data between locations with aerial ports in the Iraq theater of operations, further support the concept of a single command and control structure for the management of the distribution system.
The website also discusses how to use "green sheets" to expedite shipping through Aerial Ports of Embarkation (APOE).
surface transportation capabilities ensuring the uninterrupted throughput of forces and materiel from theater Aerial Ports of Debarkation and Sea Ports of Debarkation to a designated destination.
We are implementing passive RFID at our aerial ports and are continuing to look at how passive RFID can benefit our business processes," said Air Force Lt.
This consolidated cargo reduces handling at the aerial ports of embarkation as well as other handling requirements as materiel moves through the various distribution nodes.