Official sources said the ministry has written to all professional and regulatory bodies, including the Central Board of Film Certification, the Advertising Standards Council of India, the News Broadcasting Association and the Indian Broadcasters Foundation among others, to review the selfregulating principles and guidelines on these issues.
What does ASCI stand for?
ASCI stands for Advertising Standards Council of India
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ASCI
We have 55 other meanings of ASCI in our Acronym Attic
- Alberta Senior Citizens' Housing Association (Canada)
- American Society of Chemical Engineers
- Alaska State Commission for Human Rights (Anchorage, AK)
- Assorted Scattering Chamber at RIKEN Accelerator Research Facility
- Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative
- Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad
- Advanced Simulation and Computing Initiative (US Department of Energy)
- Advanced Speech Call Item
- Advanced Strategic Computing Initiative
- Alaska Supply Chain Integrators, LLC
- American Society for Clinical Investigation (established in 1908; Ann Arbor, MI)
- American Steel Construction Institute
- Argus Sour Crude Index (New York Mercantile Exchange)
- Associazione Scout Cattolici Italiani (Italian Catholic Scout Association)
- Asynchronous Serial Communications Interface
- Arizona Spinal Cord Injury Association (Phoenix, AZ)
- Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy
- Arabian Shield Cooperative Insurance Company
- Altered States of Consciousness Induction Device (psychotherapy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
New Delhi, Nov 17 (ANI): Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni today asked the Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) to improve the self-regulatory mechanism by speeding up the processes and compliance of its codes for advertising content.
The Advertising Standards Council of India ( ASCI) has found a TV commercial, marketing the vaccine to be misleading.
The commercial, after a lot of ruckus, was finally deemed ' not vulgar' by the Advertising Standards Council of India ( ASCI), the watchdog that monitors advertisement in India.