However, the Advertising Standards Agency recently upheld a complaint against e-cigarette company Nicolites for declaring the devices harmless on its website.
What does ASA stand for?
ASA stands for Advertising Standards Agency
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ASA
We have 956 other meanings of ASA in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Signal Analysis (Siemens technology)
- Advanced Space Academy
- Advanced Standing Admission (various universities)
- Advanced Strike Aircraft
- Advanced Surveillance Aircraft
- Advanced System Architecture
- Advanced System Architectures Ltd
- Advanced System Avionics
- Advanced Systems Associates
- Advanced Systems Automation Limited (Singapore)
- Advertising Standards Authority (UK)
- Advice Services Alliance (UK)
- Aereopuertos y Servicios Auxiliares
- Aeropuertos y Servicios Auxiliares (México)
- Aerospace States Association
- Aerosurface Servoamplifier (US NASA)
- African Students Association (various universities)
- African Studies Association
- Afrique Secours et Assistance (French)
- After School Activity (various schools)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) said it had received one complaint about the van, which suggested the images were overtly sexual and unsuitable for public display.
The Advertising Standards Agency acted after receiving scores of complaints.
The Advertising Standards Agency launched an investigation after receiving a complaint that the complex promoted itself as "officially Britain's Best shopping centre" in a TV ad.
The 2000 Yves Saint Laurent billboard in which a naked Sophie posed suggestively was banned by the Advertising Standards Agency after it received hundreds of complaints.
A complainant to the Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) challenged whether the email irresponsibly implied that alcohol could enhance attractiveness.
Ofcom proposes to hand regulatory duties for video-on-demand services to an industry body, the Association for Television on Demand, and the Advertising Standards Agency.