That chapter addresses additional topics: international cooperation; relations with the human space progra m; the gamma-ray, X-ray, optical, infrared, and radio-astronomy programs; general relativity; the Hubble Space Telescope; the Chandra X-Ray Observatory, formerly known as the Advanced X-Ray Astrophysics Facility (AXAF); the Space Infrared Telescope Facility (SIRTF); the Compton Gamma Ray Observatory (CGRO); and an extrapolation of the future.
What does AFAX stand for?
AFAX stands for Advanced X-Ray Astrophysics Facility
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFAX
- As Far As I Understand It
- Association of Former Agents of the United States Secret Service
- Adoptive Families Association of Victoria (Australia)
- Association Française pour l'Archéologie du Verre (French: French Association for the Archaeology of Glass)
- Association of Filipino Architects in Washington
- As Far As We Can See
- As Far As We Can Tell
- Alliance for African Women Initiative (Ghana)
- As Far As We Know
- As Far as Wikipedia Knows
- Asynchronous Flash and XML (Extensible Markup Language)
- As Far As You And Me Are Concerned
- As Far As You're Concerned
- As Fast As You Can
- As Far As You Can Tell
- As Far As You Know
- Anarchistisch Feministisch Autonome Zeitung (German: Autonomous Anarchist Feminist Newspaper)
- Absolute Fairness Bounds
- Accelerated Forward Backward (radar image analysis)
- Acid Fast Bacillus
Samples in periodicals archive:
5 billion Chandra X-Ray Observatory, formerly known as the Advanced X-Ray Astrophysics Facility (SN: 1/3/98, p.
November * Dubbed the Hubble Space Telescope of the X-ray universe, the Advanced X-Ray Astrophysics Facility (AXAF takes a one-way ride on the shuttle.
Once planned as a single spacecraft, the Advanced X-ray Astrophysics Facility will now consist of two spacecraft -- one for imaging and one for performing high-energy, high-resolution spectroscopy, Goldin says the change should save $300 million on the project's estimated $2.