He was speaking on the sidelines of the first Qatar Surgical Society Symposium and the third Annual Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) for Middle East and North Africa (Mena) Conference, organised by HMC during February 25-27, with the participation of almost 250 experts of surgery and ATLS from Mena region, Europe and North America.
What does ATLS stand for?
ATLS stands for Advanced Trauma Life Support
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ATLS
We have 9 other meanings of ATLS in our Acronym Attic
- Advantage through Temporary Logistic Support
- Automated Tracking Loan Origination System
- Agreed-to Litigation Plan (insurance)
- Army Training Literature Program
- Association of Transportation Law Professionals (Annapolis, MD)
- Asymmetric Tonic Limb Posturing (epilepsy)
- Automatic Transfer of Loan Payments (online banking)
- Adipose Tissue Lipoprotein Lipase Activity
- Airlift Tower Loop Reactor
- Acute Tumor Lysis Syndrome (leukemia)
- Aerial Target Launch Ship
- Anti-Rat T Lymphocyte Serum
- Assistive Technology and Learning Strategies (est. 2004; Landmark College Institute for Research and Training; Putney, VT)
- Auto Team League System (online gaming)
- Across Trophic Level System Simulation (project; USGS)
- Advanced Technology for Large Structural Systems
- Allegiance Telecom Liquidating Trust
- Ambient Temperature Life Test
- Antigua Trades and Labour Union
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia Virus
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was an Advanced Life Support, and an Advanced Trauma Life Support instructor.
Addressing a press conference on the sidelines of the 1st Qatar Surgical Society Symposium and 3rd Advanced Trauma Life Support Conference for MENA hosted by the HMC, Dr Hassan al Thani, head of trauma, vascular and general surgery at HMCTrauma Centre, said that around 4,000 of the total number of cases received at the centre were of orthopaedic injuries such as broken bones, which are usually suffered in motor vehicle collisions.
operating room) beds, an acute-care ward, and an advanced trauma life support section; patients come in with trauma injuries, and basically our function is to perform surgery to preserve life, limb and eyesight, stabilize the patient and then evacuate them to a higher level of care.
And they heard how Mr Phair, who qualified as a doctor at Queen's University of Belfast in 1980, had not completed refresher training courses in advanced life support, advanced paediatric life support or advanced trauma life support.
The Advanced Trauma Life Support guidelines suggest an initial two litres of crystalloid infusion, followed by blood transfusion and blood products if there is ongoing haemodynamic instability (2).
Among these areas are First Aid, Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), the Pediatric Advanced Life Support for children (PALS), Focused Abdominal Sonogram for Trauma (FAST), Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO), Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS), Advanced Disaster Administration and Management Support (ADAM) and others.
LAHORE, July 1 -- The fourth Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) course organised by the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (CPSC) in collaboration with American college of surgeons concluded at the Lahore Centre on Wednesday.