The two-seat aircraft, delivered to the Third Marine Aircraft Wing, has provisions to accommodate a reconnaissance conversion kit and the Advanced Tactical Air Reconnaissance System (ATARS).
What does ATARS stand for?
ATARS stands for Advanced Tactical Air Reconnaissance System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ATARS
We have 5 other meanings of ATARS in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (higher education)
- Awareness Trial Availability Repeat
- Alliance Transformation and Realignment Agreement (US-Japan agreement)
- Articulation and Transfer Appeals Review Committee (various schools)
- Assistive Technology Access and Resource Centre (Health Science Centre; Canada)
- Air to Air Refueling and Other Exchange of Services (multinational air services agreement)
- Abbreviated Tracking & Reporting Form
- Asian Traditional Archery Research Network
- Associação Portuguesa dos Técnicos de Radiologia, radioterapia e Medicina Nuclear (Portugal)
- Advanced Turbine Aerothermal Research Rig
- Advanced Tactical Airborne Reconnaissance System
- Advanced Technology Assessment Reports
- Air Traffic Activity Reporting System
- Aircrew Training And Rehearsal Support
- Aircrew Training and Rehearsal System
- Automated Traffic Advisory and Resolution Service (aviation collision avoidance system)
- Aboriginal Tutorial Assistance Scheme
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (UK)
- Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
- Acoustic Training and Simulation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other key projects included the successful completion of the Advanced Tactical Air Reconnaissance System flight test at Naval Air Warfare Center China Lake, Calif.
Pursuant to the contract, Paravant has modified one of its products to function, along with software supplied by Boeing, as the Advanced Tactical Air Reconnaissance System (ATARS) Operational Level (O-Level) Tester.