Nasa's website, that first posted the images obtained using the Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer Terra satellite said: "To expand possibilities for beachfront tourist development, Dubai, part of the United Arab Emirates, undertook a massive engineering project to create hundreds of artificial islands.
What does ASTER stand for?
ASTER stands for Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ASTER
We have 16 other meanings of ASTER in our Acronym Attic
- Alberta Spit Tobacco Education Program (Alberta, Canada)
- Altarum Science and Technology Education Program (Altarum Institute)
- Artists Striving to End Poverty (New York, NY)
- Asset Servicing Technology Enhancement Project (US FDIC)
- Assistance to Teacher Education Project (Ghana)
- Astrobiology Science and Technology for Exploring Planets (US NASA)
- Asteroid Ephemeris
- Administrative Support Training and Experience Questionnaire (Wisconsin Workforce Planning)
- Artificial Sensing Techniques for Evaluating Quality (EU)
- Acceptable Short-Term Exposure Range
- Agenzia per lo Sviluppo Tecnologico dell'Emilia Romagna (Italian: Emilia-Romagna Technological Development Agency; Emilia-Romagna, Italy)
- Assessment Tools for the Evaluation of Risk
- Association Francophone de Stérilisation
- Association of Software Test Engineering (Japan)
- Atmosphere-Surface Turbulence Exchange Research
- Atmospheric Simulation Testing and Research Inc. (Fort Collins, Colorado, USA)
- Ada System for Embedded Real-Time Industrial Execution
- All-purpose Structured Eurocontrol Radar Information Exchange
- A Study to Evaluate the Effect of Rosuvastatin On Intravascular Ultrasound-Derived Coronary Atheroma Burden
- Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emissions and Reflection Radiometer
Samples in periodicals archive:
3 million individual stereo-pair images collected by the Japanese Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer, or ASTER, instrument aboard Terra.
He said this was evidenced by their four joint satellite projects -- the Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission, the Japanese Earth Resources Satellite, the Advanced Earth Observing Satellite, and the Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer.