It is a version of AT&T Co's Advanced Server for Unix, which in turn is based on NT 3.
What does AS/U stand for?
AS/U stands for Advanced Server for Unix
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 164 other meanings of AS/U in our Acronym Attic
- Adaptive Systems for Signal Processing, Communications, and Control (Symposium)
- Application System Four Hundred (IBM)
- Acquisition Strategy/Acquisition Plan
- Australian/New Zealand Standard
- Associate of Science/Oregon Transfer in Business (degree)
- Automated Storage and Retrieval
- Automatic Send/Receive
- Automated Storage & Retrieval System
- Atropine sulfate in saline
- Air Sparging/Soil Vapor Extraction
- Astro Saber I (Motorola two-way radio)
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician First Class (US Navy rating)
- After September 11
- Action Script 2 (computer programming)
- Angel Second Class (It's A Wonderful Life)
- Applicability Statement 2 (IETF)
- Aviation Support Equipment Technician Second Class (Naval Rating)
- Action Script Version 3 (programming language)
- Arctic Silver 3 (thermal compound)
- Army Source Selection Supplement (resource)
Samples in periodicals archive:
PC NetLink is Sun's implementation of AT&T Co's Advanced Server for Unix, which effectively implements Windows NT 4's authentication, directory, and file and print services on Solaris.
The AT&T Advanced server for Unix which Sun is reselling as Cascade and which a slew of other vendors have previously tried, and largely failed to make successful, is based on code drops provided by Microsoft itself.