BAE Systems' advanced precision kill weapon system, or APKWS, has been used in combat several times since its deployment in March, said John Watkins, director of precision guidance solutions for BAE Systems.
What does APKWS stand for?
APKWS stands for Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (US Army)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
We have 1 other meaning of APKWS in our Acronym Attic
- Anne Porter Knight Frank (South Africa)
- Acquired Progressive Kinking of the Hair
- Architecture for Public Key Infrastructure (standard)
- Asosiasi Petani Kelapa Indonesia (Indonesian: Coconut Growers Association Indonesia)
- Asosiasi Pulp dan Kertas Indonesia (Indonesian Pulp and Paper Association)
- Asosiasi Panel Kayu Indonesia (Indonesian Wood Panel Producers Association)
- Asosiasi Pedagang Kaki Lima Indonesia (Indonesian: Pool Five Traders' Association of Thailand)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Plastische Kopf-Hals (German: Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Head and Neck Surgery)
- Asia Pacific Kompass on Disc (country profiles)
- Aliansi Pemantau Kebijakan Sumberdaya Alam (Indonesian: Alliance Natural Resources Policy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS), the latest weapon in the fight against insurgency forces, was recently approved for its first deployment by Headquarters Marine Corps.
Supercavitating projectiles, with the ability to hit underwater mines, have been tested, as well as the Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System and a laser-guided 2.
The Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System (APKWS) Program has created the opportunity for this type of environment through the implementation of design for manufacture and assembly (DFMA) workshops during the system development and demonstration (SDD) phase.
The first week of March 2006 saw Lockheed Martin conduct a successful ground-launch medium-range guided test vehicle (GTV) flight of the Hellfire Junior missile that the company is offering for the Advanced Precision Kill Weapon System II requirement.