The Agrab consists of an ST Kinetics 120-mm Super Rapid Advanced Mortar System (Srams) mounted on the rear of a BAE Systems OMC RG-31 Mk 5 4 x 4 mine-protected vehicle fitted with a new three-seat cab.
What does AMOS stand for?
AMOS stands for Advanced Mortar System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AMOS
We have 48 other meanings of AMOS in our Acronym Attic
- Applied Mathematics and Operational Research Group (UK)
- Atomic Magneto-Optic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Académie du Management des Organisations Sportives (Paris, France)
- Access Mechanized Order System (Hekimian)
- Acoustic Meteorological Observing System
- Acoustic, Meteorological, Oceanographic Survey
- Add Me on Snapchat (social media)
- Additional Military Occupational Specialty
- Additionally Awarded Military Occupational Specialty
- Advanced Maui Optical and Space Surveillance Technologies (conference)
- AF Maui Optical Station
- Air Management Oversight System
- Air Mobility Operations Squadron
- Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering System
- Aircraft Maintenance Operations Simulation
- Airspace Management Omnibus Study
- American Stock Exchange Options Switching System
- Ammunition Out-Load System
- ARPA Maui Optical Station
- Asset Management Operating System (software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The two companies have already been co-operating for the past four years on developing a new advanced mortar system and the Swedish and Finnish governments are expected to spend between pounds 75-pounds 100 million on the mortar system beginning this year.
A typical example can be seen with the 120 mm Advanced Mortar System, or Amos, a joint venture between Hagglunds of Sweden and Patria Vammas of Finland.