The nursing cadet programme, which is led by NHS South of Tyne and Wear's people development and teaching team, is linked to the National Advanced Modern Apprenticeship framework.
What does AMA stand for?
AMA stands for Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AMA
We have 503 other meanings of AMA in our Acronym Attic
- Adaptive Motion Accuracy
- Adaptive Multifunction Antenna
- Adhesive Manufacturers Association (Hoffman Estates, IL, US)
- Administrative Medical Assisting
- Advanced Manageability Alliance (Intel & IBM)
- Advanced Maternal Age (obstetrics)
- Advanced Measurement Approach
- Advanced Medical Assistant
- Advanced Metering Analytics (Badger Meter)
- Advanced Mobile Applications (est. 2004; UK)
- Advanced Motion Accelerator (monitor displays)
- Advertising and Marketing Association (University of Virginia)
- Aerosol Manufacturers' Association (South Africa)
- Aerosol Monitoring & Analysis (est. 1981; various locations)
- Afghan Medical Aid
- Africa Medical Association
- African Muslim Agency
- Against Medical Advice
- Aged Ministers Assistance
- Agence Mondiale Antidopage (French: World Anti-Doping Agency; Montreal, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This is achieved by completing an Advanced Modern Apprenticeship while working for an approved training farrier, and takes four years and two months.
Luke Porter, of Huddersfield; Josh Chippenden, of Keighley; and Matthew Croft, of Ashton-under-Lyne each received a plaque and a certificate after completing the Suzuki advanced modern apprenticeship programme with Colin Appleyard.
What used to be called foundation modern apprenticeships and advanced modern apprenticeships, are now called apprenticeships and advanced apprenticeships.
Working towards an Advanced Modern Apprenticeship (AMA) might also be an option if you wish to combine working and training towards an NVQ at the same time.
The Foundation Modern Apprenticeship (FMA) and the Advanced Modern Apprenticeship (AMA) give training for a specific job role by giving both job experience and theoretical knowledge.
The Advanced Modern Apprenticeship has an upper age limit of 25.