Wake on LAN and Alert on LAN are results of the IBM/Intel Advanced Manageability Alliance and are trademarks of IBM Corporation.
What does AMA stand for?
AMA stands for Advanced Manageability Alliance (Intel & IBM)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMA
We have 503 other meanings of AMA in our Acronym Attic
- Action Martial Arts (various locations)
- Active Member Address
- Actors, Models, Artists Talent Agency
- Actual Mechanical Advantage
- Acuerdos Multilaterales Ambientales (Spanish: Multilateral Environmental Agreements; UN)
- Adaptive Management Areas
- Adaptive Motion Accuracy
- Adaptive Multifunction Antenna
- Adhesive Manufacturers Association (Hoffman Estates, IL, US)
- Administrative Medical Assisting
- Advanced Maternal Age (obstetrics)
- Advanced Measurement Approach
- Advanced Medical Assistant
- Advanced Metering Analytics (Badger Meter)
- Advanced Mobile Applications (est. 2004; UK)
- Advanced Modern Apprenticeship
- Advanced Motion Accelerator (monitor displays)
- Advertising and Marketing Association (University of Virginia)
- Aerosol Manufacturers' Association (South Africa)
- Aerosol Monitoring & Analysis (est. 1981; various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
NOTE B) Wake on LAN and Alert on LAN are results of the IBM/Intel Advanced Manageability Alliance and are trademarks of IBM Corporation.
Internet Protocol Security is the newest technology to emerge from the IBM/Intel Advanced Manageability Alliance, which continues to deliver the latest standards-based solutions to the market.
4) Alert on LAN and Wake on LAN are solutions developed by the IBM/Intel Advanced Manageability Alliance that help you manage and protect networked computers.
Announced at Intel's Developer Forum, Alert on LAN 2 technology enables remote management capabilities through the network interface and is a direct result of the Advanced Manageability Alliance (AMA) formed by Intel and IBM in 1996.
1) Alert on LAN is property of the IBM/Intel Advanced Manageability Alliance and may not be reproduced without express written consent.
0- NOTE TO EDITORS: (1)Wake on LAN and Alert on LAN are results of the IBM/Intel Advanced Manageability Alliance and are trademarks of IBM Corporation.
This agreement is the latest result of the IBM/Intel Advanced Manageability Alliance, which is focused on building outstanding solutions based on industry standards that simplify systems management for PC customers.