Other nuclear energy programs include research on fusion energy and the Advanced Fuel Cycle Initiative, which seeks to reduce nuclear fuel waste requiring geologic disposal.
What does AFCI stand for?
AFCI stands for Advanced Fuel Cycle Initiative (US Department of Energy)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFCI
We have 13 other meanings of AFCI in our Acronym Attic
- Austrian Film Critics' Guild
- Australian Freshwater Crayfish Growers Association
- Adult Family Care Home (various locations)
- Air Force Component Headquarters
- Australia Foundation for Culture and the Humanities
- Air Force Corporate Health Information Processing Service (US DoD)
- Air Force Component Headquarters (US Air Force)
- Animal Friends Connection Humane Society
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute (Institut de la Fondation d'Acupuncture du Canada)
- Advanced Fibre Communications, Inc
- Ambassadors for Christ International (Atlanta, GA)
- Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter
- Associate of the Faculty of Commerce and Industry Ltd. (UK)
- Association of Film Commissioners International
- Armed Forces Communications Intelligence Advisory Council
- Asociación para el Fomento de la Capacitación Infantil, AC
- Action for Children in Conflict (UK; est. 1995)
- Air Force Communications and Information Center
- Association de Formation Continue des Infirmiéres et Infirmiers du Finistère
- Air Force Claims Information Management System
Samples in periodicals archive:
DOE has launched a pair of efforts--the Generation IV Program and the Advanced Fuel Cycle Initiative (AFCI)--to carry out the RD & D to realize those four opportunities while achieving economic competitiveness, high standards of safety and proliferation resistance, and effective waste management.