Despite counterfeiters' increasing use of technology, advanced counterfeit deterrence efforts on the part of the authorities have kept counterfeiting at low levels.
What does ACD stand for?
ACD stands for Advanced Counterfeit Deterrence
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACD
We have 346 other meanings of ACD in our Acronym Attic
- Administration des Contributions Directes (Luxembourg direct tax administration)
- Administrative Code Division
- Administrative Commitment Document
- Admiralty Chart Datum
- Adult Child of Divorce
- Advanced Cervical Dilation (OB/Gyn)
- Advanced Chemistry Development
- Advanced Chip Development
- Advanced Concepts Division
- Advanced Conceptual Design
- Advanced Custom Design
- Adversary Capabilities Document (Missile Defense Agency)
- Advisory Committee to the Director (US NIH)
- Aerospace Change Directive
- Agency for Child Development (various locations)
- Agent Character Definition (Microsoft file extension)
- Agents Chimiques Dangereux (French: Hazardous Chemical Agents)
- Agriculture & Construction Development
- Air Charge Determination
- Aircraft Certification Directorate
Samples in periodicals archive:
Department of the Treasury, The Use and Counterfeiting of United States Currency Abroad (a report to the Congress by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with the Advanced Counterfeit Deterrence Steering Committee, pursuant to section 807 of PL 104-132; Department of the Treasury, January 2000).
This is not the subject of your hearing, and I won't spend more time on it except to note that (a) the interagency committee on Advanced Counterfeit Deterrence is seriously studying further possible design improvements, especially for the $100 note and $50 note, and (b) if the $500 note were issued again, it would have to be seen as highly secure in order to be accepted.