The new Advanced Arresting Gear will be catching fleet aircraft at the end of fiscal year 2013.
What does AAG stand for?
AAG stands for Advanced Arresting Gear
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AAG
We have 186 other meanings of AAG in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance Against Family Violence (Leavenworth, KS)
- Association d'Amitié Franco-Vietnamienne (Montreuil, France)
- Apartment Association of Fort Wayne/NE Indiana, Inc (Fort Wayne, IN )
- Arizona Association of Fine Woodworkers (Gilbert, AZ)
- Army-Air Force Wage Board
- Army Air Forces Weather Service
- Aboriginal Art Gallery (Australia)
- Academic Advisory Group (various organizations)
- Acute Angle Closure Glaucoma
- Advanced Analytics Group (Bain & Company; Los Angeles, CA)
- Aeromedical Airlift Group
- Affirmative Action Group (Zimbabwe)
- Air and Ground (freight transportation services)
- Alaska Air Group (aviation)
- Allgemeine Anthroposophische Gesellschaft (German: General Anthroposophical Society)
- Allied Arts Guild (Menlo Park, CA)
- Alpha-Acid Glycoprotein
- American Association of Geographers (Washington, DC)
- Amis Aquariophiles Gouesnou (French: Aquarist Friends Gouesnou; Gouesnou, France)
- Anciennes Automobiles du Gier (French car club)
Samples in periodicals archive:
CVN 78 includes a new flight deck with an improved weapons handling system, advanced arresting gear, a completely re-engineered electro-magnetic aircraft launch system, new and simplified nuclear propulsion plants, a new electrical power generation system and reconfigurable design architecture.
Electromagnetic catapults and advanced arresting gear that support future air wing configurations including unmanned air vehicles.
8 million contract for system development and demonstration of a shipboard-representative Advanced Arresting Gear (AAG).