Other high visibility programs in which Girion has played crucial management roles include the Advanced Integrated Chemical Protection System for the US Army CBDCOM; the Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle NBC Filtration System for Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical (NBC) Defense Systems; and the Turret System Electronics Unit, Autoloader Controller, and Replinisher Controller for the Mobile Gun System Variant of US Army Stryker IAV (interim armored vehicle).
What does AAAV stand for?
AAAV stands for Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle (US Marine Corps)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AAAV
- Association Angevine d'Aide aux Toxicomanes et à leurs Familles
- Aurora Attitude Adjustment Taskforce (Aurora, CO)
- American Accrediting Association of Theological Institutions (Rocky Mount, NC)
- AA Accounting & Tax Service
- Asian American Association Telecom Services
- Australian Advanced Air Traffic Services
- Active Array Antenna Unit (India)
- All American Awards and Uniforms (Bohemia, NY)
- Associated Alumni of Acadia University (Canada)
- Association of Arab-American University Graduates
- Allgemeiner Arbeitskreis Autonomer Verkehrspsychologen (German: German: Independent Traffic Psychologists Association; Austria)
- Amateur Astronomers Association of Vadodara (India)
- Association of African American Vintners
- Avian Adeno-Associated Virus
- Azienda Autonoma Assistenza Al Volo Per Il Traffico Aereo Generale (Italian Agency for Air Navigation Services)
- Advanced Airborne Anti-armor Weapon
- Advanced Asset Allocation Workshop
- Affirmative Action Association for Women
- All Asia Athlete Women
- Allgemeiner Aufsperr- & Absicherungsdienst Weninger
Samples in periodicals archive:
The ships integrate the latest shipbuilding and war-fighting technologies to support current and future Marine Corps aircraft, the Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicles (AAAVs) and air cushion or conventional landing craft.
This approach has worked effectively in other programs, such as the Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle.
GAO assessed 26 defense programs ranging from the Marine Corps' Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle to the Missile Defense Agency's Theater High Altitude Area Defense system.
Or, they can go by sea in LPD-17 amphibious ships that will not be shock-tested, then put ashore in Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicles (AAAVs) that Pentagon technology bureaucrats are vigorously lobbying to have exempted from full-up testing against threat weapons.
Navy's amphibious ships is designed as an expeditionary warfare support platform and serves as an operations base for elements of the Marine expeditionary forces, including troops, helicopters, vertical takeoff and landing aircraft, advanced amphibious assault vehicles, air-cushioned landing craft, and support equipment.
Initially known as the Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle, or AAAV, the new platform has been renamed the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle, or EFV.
The new vehicle, formerly known as the Advanced Amphibious Assault Vehicle, was recently renamed the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV).