Once Aigner began receiving POs electronically, the company moved on to electronic disbursement of items called advance ship notices.
What does ASN stand for?
ASN stands for Advance Ship Notices
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ASN
We have 199 other meanings of ASN in our Acronym Attic
- Abstract Syntax Notation
- Accelerated Sports Nutraceuticals (est. 1997)
- Access Service Node
- Access Stack Node (Baystream)
- Access Stack Note (Wescon)
- Acquired Situational Narcissism (psychology)
- Active Sensor Network
- Ad-Hoc Secondary Network (wireless communications)
- Additional Student Numbers (UK)
- Adobe Solutions Network
- Advanced Shipment Notification
- Advanced Shipment/Shipping Notice
- Aeronautical Study Number (US FAA)
- Aerospatiale Norme (Romanian: Aerospace Standards)
- African Solution Network (Bronx, NY)
- AIDS Support Network of San Luis Obispo County
- Alcatel Submarine Network
- All Saints Neighborhood (Florida)
- All Sports Network (pan-Asian sports channel)
- Allotment Serial Number
Samples in periodicals archive:
COMMERCE:Interactive responds to the needs of EDI users for increasingly rapid turnaround of critical electronic business documents, such as purchase orders and advance ship notices.
About Advance Ship Notices (ASN's) Advance Ship Notice (ASN or 856) is an EDI formatted electronic packing list and is mandated by many companies today.
5 automates transactions that accompany the entire order life cycle, including purchase orders, invoices, advance ship notices (ASNs) and other related EDI transactions through its MAS 500 interface.
This solution will directly link electronic purchase orders and advance ship notices to shipments that will be tagged and tracked with RFID tags.
Mervyns will utilize Manhattan Associates' Trading Partner Management to collaborate with its more than 2,000 vendors via the Internet including accessing their advance ship notices (ASNs) and optimizing the flow-through of goods.
From the moment a purchase order is entered into the TradeStone Suite, the order details are stored centrally and are then used to automatically pre-populate subsequent standard forms, such as advance ship notices, bills of lading, commercial and service invoices, and payment information.
The enablement program includes the opportunity for 4,000+ NWL's suppliers to utilize DIcentral's hosted services to meet the retailer's requirements for purchase orders, Advance Ship Notices (ASNs) and UCC128 bar code labels.