This can be carried out by utilising the Passenger Name Record (PNR) or Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) data.
What does APIS stand for?
APIS stands for Advance Passenger Information System (airline data interchange system)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of APIS
We have 60 other meanings of APIS in our Acronym Attic
- Avon Park International Racers Association
- American Psychiatric Institute for Research and Education
- Africa-Indian Ocean Planning and Implementation Regional Group (aviation)
- Alberta Public Interest Research Group (Canada)
- Application Program Interface Reference Manual
- American Petroleum Institute Recommended Practice
- Aquatic Plant Information Retrieval System
- Awards Program International Rating Service (websites)
- Accion Popular de Integracion Social (Spanish: People's Action for Social Integration; Mexico)
- Actual Platform Implementation Specification (iSMART)
- Advanced Papyrological Information System
- Advanced Personnel Information System
- Alternative Photographic International Symposium (New Mexico)
- Annual Poverty Indicator Survey (Philippines)
- Antarctic Pack-Ice Seals Program (SCAR-GSS)
- Apicultural Information and Issues
- Apostle Islands National Lakeshore (US National Park Service)
- Approved Production Inspection System
- Arbeitsdatei PIOS - Innere Sicherheit
- Armor Piercing Incendiary Shells
Samples in periodicals archive:
The scanner can also record the Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) data that many immigration authorities require before a flight departs.