The incidence of postop adult respiratory distress syndrome jumped 2.
What does ARDS stand for?
ARDS stands for Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARDS
We have 47 other meanings of ARDS in our Acronym Attic
- Association for Rural Development of Poor Areas in Sichuan (est. 1998; China)
- Agricultural and Rural Debt Relief (India)
- Annual Regional Development Report (Philippines)
- Association Rwandaise pour le Developpement Rural (French)
- Automated Rear Detachment Report (US Army)
- Amplified Ribosomal DNA Restriction Analysis
- Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Group
- Agricultural and Rural Development Research Institute (South Africa)
- Accunet Reserved Digital Service (AT&T)
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Advanced Range Data System (Multi-Service Target Control System)
- Airborne Research Data System
- Alternatives Retained for Detailed Study (Maryland)
- Army Regional Directory System (Defense Message System)
- Association of Racing Drivers’ Schools (UK)
- Automated Resources Directory Service
- Auxiliary Radar Display System
- Agriculture and Rural Development Subsidiary Agreement (federal provincial program; Canada)
- Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution Architectures (troubleshooting software)
- Atlanta Reef Dwellers Scuba Club (Georgia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
On December 7, the patient's condition worsened, and severe pneumonia with adult respiratory distress syndrome developed.
New chapters explore key topics such as ventilatory management for obstructive pulmonary disease, adult respiratory distress syndrome, NIPPV, tracheal gas insufflation, prone positioning, and liquid ventilation.
When capillary clogging follows severe injury, bacterial blood infections or massive burns, it can lead to adult respiratory distress syndrome -- an untreatable and often fatal result of neutrophils run amok.
However, the patient developed septic shock, adult respiratory distress syndrome, and oliguric acute renal failure, and died of multiple organ failure.