The Government wants all patients with hearing problems who need care from a hospital consultant - about 50 per cent of people accessing adult hearing services - to wait no longer than 18 weeks from referral to treatment by December 2008.
What does AHS stand for?
AHS stands for Adult Hearing Service (National Health Service; UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AHS
We have 392 other meanings of AHS in our Acronym Attic
- Academy of Health Sciences
- Academy of Health Sciences, United States Army
- Accordant Health Services (Greensboro, NC)
- Accounting Honor Society (various locations)
- Accredited Home-Staging Specialist (real estate)
- Active Handling System (automobiles)
- Adairsville High School (Georgia)
- Adaptive Hand Skills
- Adaptive Hardware and Systems (IEEE conference)
- Adaptive Hypermedia System
- Advanced Hair Studio (various locations)
- Advanced Hearing Services (various locations)
- Advanced Hybrid System
- Adventist Health Systems
- African Horse Sickness
- After Hours Service (various businesses)
- Agawam High School (Agawam, MA, US)
- Agoura High School (Agoura Hills, CA)
- Agricultural High School (various schools)
- Aiken High School (Aiken, South Carolina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Eight NHS areas - including musculoskeletal services for back pain, adult hearing services in the community, wheelchair services for children and talking therapies for adults - are being opened up for competition.