Patients were identified only by Unit Medical Record Number (UMRN) and variables recorded included: gender, age, date of birth, affected side, stroke classification (see Table 1) and stroke type (infarct or haemorrhage) (Bamford et al 1991), length of inpatient stay, admission and discharge MAS scores (total and individual component scores) and discharge destination.
What does A&D stand for?
A&D stands for Admission and Discharge (hospital)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of A&D
- Automation & Control
- Assembly & Checkout
- Assembly and Checkout Technical Analysis
- Abandonment & Destruction (property regulation)
- Accommodation and Destination (tourism industry)
- Accounting and Disbursing System
- Acquisition & Development
- Acquisitions and Disposals
- Acquisitions and Divestitures (oil & gas)
- Admission & Disposition
Samples in periodicals archive:
Commonly-used validated measures were collected within 72 hours of admission and discharge by the treating physiotherapist.
Admission and discharge trends also were analyzed in one of our studies.
Next, strict admission and discharge criteria must be established.
This approach is a variation of the case-by-case use of admission and discharge severity levels.