The average stay in administrative segregation is 3.
What does ADSEG stand for?
ADSEG stands for Administrative Segregation (Solitary Confinement)
This definition appears somewhat frequently
We have 1 other meaning of ADSEG in our Acronym Attic
- Ancestral Domain Sustainable Development Protection Plan (Philippines)
- Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (United Arab Emirates)
- Abu Dhabi Stock Exchange (United Arab Emirates)
- Activity-Dependent Synaptic Enhancement (neuroscience)
- Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering (professional training)
- American Dental Society of Europe
- Assistência na Doença aos Servidores do Estado (Portugal)
- Association pour la Sauvegarde de l'Enfance, de l'Adolescence et des Adultes (French: Association for the Protection of Children, Adolescents and Adults)
- Advance Section
- Air Defense System Engineering Committee
- Administrative Separation (US DoD)
- Advanced Separation by Phase Partitioning (NASA)
- Association des Scleroses en Plaques du Sud-Est (French: Multiple Sclerosis Association of the South-East; France)
- A Different September Foundation (Boston University/Chelsea Partnership)
- Active Directory Federation Services (software; Microsoft)
- Adipocyte-Specific Secretory Factor
- Advanced Directional Solidification Furnace
- Aerial Delivery Support Flight
- Aide et Développement Sans Frontière
- Al Dhabi Scaffolding and Formwork, LLC (aka Al Dhabi Scaffolding Factory; Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A study funded by the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) which examined the psychological effects of solitary confinement, known as administrative segregation (AS) in corrections, showed that the mental health of most inmates did not decline during the course of a year--contrary to the findings of some previous studies.
DeBarge is serving time for assault and drug charges in Administrative Segregation, reported Contactmusic.
The bottom line is that juveniles are often kept in administrative segregation in order to keep them away from adults to ensure that the jail is in compliance with the statute," he says.
The move to isolation also carried with it a new status for Bettie: administrative segregation, a punishment designation.
Unique programs specific to correctional mental health care enable clients to better manage inmates in administrative segregation and other specialty units.