fair market value of $2 million less adjusted cost base of $10.
What does ACB stand for?
ACB stands for Adjusted Cost Base
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ACB
We have 201 other meanings of ACB in our Acronym Attic
- Advisory, Caution, And Warning System
- Alabama Center for Advanced Woodworking Technology (Phil Campbell, AL)
- Aviation, Communication and Allied Workers Union (Trinidad and Tobago)
- Agency for Contemporary Art Exchange (Hungary)
- Accepted Certification Body
- Access Barred Signal
- Access Control Block
- Acería Compacta de Bizkaia (Spain)
- Acta Clinica Belgica (Internal Medicine and Clinical Biology; Belgium)
- Adapter Control Block
- Administrative Contract Brief
- Advanced Call Blocker (mobile phone application)
- Advanced Capability Build (Aegis combat system; US Navy)
- Advanced Communications Board
- Advanced Communicator - Bronze (Toastmasters)
- Advanced Community Banking (Rwanda)
- Advanced Computing Building (various schools)
- Advanced Concepts Base
- Advertising Checking Bureau
- Advisory Council Board (various organizations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A shareholder will be required to include the amount of the capital gains dividends received by the shareholder in income as a capital gain and this same amount will also be added to the adjusted cost base of the shares held by such shareholder.
Adjusted Cost Base The draft legislation amends subsection 53(2) to make adjustments to the adjusted cost base (ACB) of a partner's interest in a partnership with respect to QTI that includes "eligible alignment income.
Nature of Property--Capital Property In general, if a farmer transfers capital property in an arm's length transaction, the proceeds of the sale will equal the adjusted cost base of the property minus costs to sell the property, similar to non-farmers (Adjusted cost base can roughly be defined as the original cost to the farmer, plus gains in value as defined by the Income Tax Act and minus any losses or costs defined by the Income Tax Act.
Investors then remain partners in a portfolio of smaller Canadian resource companies, and their adjusted cost base will usually be low or nil.
The adjusted cost base of the cottage is now $45,000, and the estimated market value is $55,000.
The sale price can be set anywhere between your adjusted cost base and the budget day value.
NET UNREALIZED BUILT-IN GAIN Congress defined net unrealized built-in gain for purposes of the limitation on the built-in gain tax as the fair market value of S corporations' assets at the time of conversion to S status minus their aggregate adjusted cost bases.