He was arrested within half an hour on Linthorpe Road carrying an adjustable spanner.
What does AJ stand for?
AJ stands for Adjustable Spanner (British; wrench)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AJ
We have 27 other meanings of AJ in our Acronym Attic
- Air Intercept Zone
- Allgemeine Immobilien Zeitung (German: General Real Estate Newspaper)
- Anti Imperialistische Zelle(n) (German: Anti-Imperialistic Cell; now defunct terrorist group)
- Arbeiter-Illustrierte-Zeitung (German: Workers Pictorial Newspaper; est. 1924; publication; Germany and Prague)
- Associazione Italiana Zincatura (Italian: Italian Galvanizing Association; Italy)
- Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri (Lee C. Fine Memorial Airport)
- Aromat Identyczny Z Naturalnym (Polish: Identical to the Natural Flavor; music group)
- Associazione Italiana Zingari Oggi (Italian)
- Acting Jack (Acting Sergeant; Army)
- Active Jamming
- Administrative Judge
- Aide Juridictionnelle (French: Legal Aid)
- Air Jamaica (airline)
- Air Jordan (shoe)
- Al-Jazeera (Middle East TV Network)
- Albergue Juvenil José Gilberto Flores Vides (Jose Gilberto Vides Flores Youth Lodge, Guatemala)
- Albert James (Foyt)
- Alberta Judgements (Canada)
- Albuquerque Journal (newspaper)
- Alexander James McLean (Backstreet Boys)
Samples in periodicals archive:
eandring spanner and allen key set, b)socket spanner set (std 1/2~ square drive, 22pcs+5std accessories) c)screw driver plane, screw driver philips, centre punch, chiesel, set of three pieces (small, medium and big) d) adjustable spanner, pipe wrench, circlip plier (internal/external), st.
The only tools they took to keep the car on the road were an adjustable spanner and a hammer along with a roll of gaffer tape and a tin of superglue.
However, on this occasion there did appear to be a large number of mechanical defects showing poor workmanship during repairs, one vehicle still had an adjustable spanner attached to the steering system after a mechanic had forgotten to remove it.
We had to use an adjustable spanner to get hold of it.
We had to use one of those adjustable spanner things.
He had been turning the valve, which requires a special key, using an adjustable spanner and a lump hammer, but it exploded before he had finished.
If you can't do this by hand use an adjustable spanner or pipe grips, but protect the chrome with a cloth.