The adjustable gastric band is a strictly restrictive procedure which does not rely on malabsorption to produce weight loss.
What does AGB stand for?
AGB stands for Adjustable Gastric Band (bariatric surgery)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AGB
We have 55 other meanings of AGB in our Acronym Attic
- Agència de Gestió d'Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca (Spanish: Agency for Administration of University and Research Grants; Barcelona, Spain)
- Agency for Administration of University and Research Grants (Barcelona, Spain)
- Adjutants General Association of the United States
- Agency Authorization Status
- Asociación Guatemalteca de Agentes de Viajes (Spanish: Guatemalan Association of Travel Agents; Guatemala)
- Associazione Giovani Architetti Verona (Italian: Association of Young Architects of Verona)
- Access Grid Augmented Virtual Environment (University of Illinois, Chicago)
- Asociación Guatemalteca de Autores y Compositores (Spanish: Guatemalan Association of Authors and Composers; Guatemala)
- A Gaming Brotherhood (forum)
- Accessory Gearbox
- Advanced Gameboy
- After Grog Bog
- Agricultural Business Management
- Air Guard Base (US military)
- Aktionsgruppe Babynahrung
- Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen (German: General terms and conditions / Standard business conditions)
- Alliance for Global Business
- Alt.guitar.bass (newsgroup)
- Alternative Governance Board (various locations)
- Alumni Giving Back (Spanish university)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sewell's who lost 136 pounds, shares her experience with adjustable gastric band (AGB) surgery, a type of weight-loss or bariatric surgery.
Thirty-day mortality was low, ranging from no deaths in the laparoscopic adjustable gastric band group, to 0.