However, at a running speed of 55 Hz or greater, the DC bus varied enough to cause an "overvoltage" fault in the adjustable frequency drive.
What does AFD stand for?
AFD stands for Adjustable Frequency Drive
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of AFD
We have 208 other meanings of AFD in our Acronym Attic
- Accident Free Discount (insurance)
- Acid Fractionator Distillate
- Acoustic Flat Diaphragm (electronics)
- Acrofacial Dysostosis
- Acrofacial Dysostosis, Catania Type
- Action for Development (Ethiopia)
- Active Format Descriptor
- Acute Febrile Respiratory Disease
- Adaptive Flexible Defense
- Adaptive Flight Display
- Advanced Full-screen Debugger
- Advocates for the Disabled
- Affective Mood Disorder (mental health)
- African Development Foundation
- African Development Fund
- Aft Flight Deck
- Agence Française de Développement (French Development Agency)
- Agricultural and Forestal District (New Kent, VA)
- Air Force Depot
- Airfield Database
Samples in periodicals archive:
McIsaac says that adjustable frequency drives offer a substantial ROI in utilities savings for any pump application in the brew-house, filtration cellars, conveyors, fillers, labelers, carton make-up machines, condenser fans or CIP stations.
Today the legendary company also supplies adjustable frequency drive and soft-start motor controls, in addition to providing large motor repairs, engineering service and spare parts.
Adjustable frequency drives have always included cost-effective methods for providing fast, reliable braking.