The IA, entitled TDM Transport over MPLS using ATM Adaptation Layer 1 (AAL1), outlines a method for carriers to offer private line TDM services such as n* 64kps (DS0), T1, E1, E3, T3 while delivering new service offerings over a common MPLS network.
What does AL1 stand for?
AL1 stands for Adaptation Layer 1
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Alcohlics Anonymous (support group for loves ones of alcoholics)
- Accessory Ligament of the Deep Digital Flexor Tendon
- Aluminum Electrolytic (capacitor)
- Airlock Extravehicular Mobility Unit
- Application Layer Forward Error Correction
- Answer List - Protocol Data Unit
- Aluminum-Laminated Polyethylene Terephthalate
- Accessory Ligament of the Superficial Digital Flexor Tendon
- Answer List - Service Data Unit
- Axial Length/Corneal Radius Ratio
- Argon Laser for 10 Seconds
- Aluminum Oxide
- Adaptation Layer 3
- Automation Level 3 (Association for Cooperative Operations Research and Development)
- Abraham Lincoln Association (Springfield, IL)
- Abundant Life Academy (various locations)
- Academy of Linguistic Awareness (fictional)
- Accelerated Learning Academy
- Action Learning Associates (Colorado)
- Acura Loyalty Advantage (automobile rewards program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Entropia system-on-a-chip includes a Digital Signal Processor (DSP); software for voice processing, including compression, echo cancellation, ATM (including ATM Adaptation Layer 1 or 2 - AAL1/AAL2) and Real-time Transport Protocol over User Datagram Protocol over Internet Protocol (RTP/UDP/IP) and other protocol software processing; and host Application Programming Interface (API) software.
ATM Adaptation Layer 1 (AAL1) - AAL functions in support of constant bit rate, time-dependent traffic such as voice and video.