Patients were excluded if depression was the primary disorder or if they had a current diagnosis of major depressive disorder, bipolar disorder, panic disorder, phobic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder, acute stress disorder, substance-induced anxiety disorder, psychosis, dementia, or substance abuse or dependence within the preceding 3 months.
What does ASD stand for?
ASD stands for Acute Stress Disorder
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ASD
We have 457 other meanings of ASD in our Acronym Attic
- Accelerator Systems Division (US Department of Energy)
- Access Security Device
- Accredited Standards Developers (ANSI)
- Accredited Symbian Developer (software developer qualification)
- Acquisition Support Division
- Active Soil Depressurization (home safety)
- Activist San Diego
- Activity Services Division
- Actual Shipping Date
- Actual Stopping Distance (automotive)
- Adaptive Software Development
- Additional Site Data
- Addressable Switch Device
- Adjourned Sine Die (Latin: Adjourned to a Date to Be Fixed; legal)
- Adjustable Speed Drive (aka Variable-Speed Drive; machinery)
- Administrative Security Division (US DHS)
- Administrative Services Division
- Adult Spectrum of Disease
- Adult Spiritual Development (Unitarian religion)
- Advanced Semiconductor Development
Samples in periodicals archive:
The specificity of PTSD and Acute Stress Disorder, methods and techniques of working with children with PTSD / ASD.
compile nine chapters meant to help researchers, clinicians, and students understand how to use cognitive behavioral therapy to treat panic disorder and agoraphobia, obsessive-compulsive spectrum disorders, generalized and social anxiety disorders, specific phobias, health anxiety, and posttraumatic stress disorder and acute stress disorder.
Kazour diagnosed him with acute stress disorder and prescribed medication for his condition.
Module A, which immediately follows the Core Module, now provides detailed guidance on specific evidence-informed early interventions to promote recovery from both preclinical acute stress reactions (ASRs) and acute stress disorder (ASD), a possible clinical precursor of PTSD.
But the hearing at London's City of Westminster court heard he has been diagnosed with acute stress disorder and depression.
London, Jan 21 (ANI): Shrien Dewani, the Brit-Indian millionaire who has been accused of hiring a hitman to have his wife killed during their honeymoon in Cape Town last year, failed to attend a London court hearing as he was suffering from acute stress disorder.
His lawyer said: 'Mr Dewani doesn't appear today and has been excused on the basis of a report by a psychiatrist that he is suffering from acute stress disorder and depressive adjustment disorder and is therefore unfit to attend court,' said prosecutor Ben Watson.