1) have published an interesting study that found that some persons subject to quarantine for severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (SARS) displayed symptoms of posttraumatic stress disorder and depression.
What does ARDS stand for?
ARDS stands for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARDS
We have 48 other meanings of ARDS in our Acronym Attic
- Alliance for Reform of Drug Policy in Arkansas
- Association for Rural Development of Poor Areas in Sichuan (est. 1998; China)
- Agricultural and Rural Debt Relief (India)
- Annual Regional Development Report (Philippines)
- Association Rwandaise pour le Developpement Rural (French)
- Automated Rear Detachment Report (US Army)
- Amplified Ribosomal DNA Restriction Analysis
- Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Group
- Agricultural and Rural Development Research Institute (South Africa)
- Accunet Reserved Digital Service (AT&T)
- Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Advanced Range Data System (Multi-Service Target Control System)
- Airborne Research Data System
- Alternatives Retained for Detailed Study (Maryland)
- Army Regional Directory System (Defense Message System)
- Association of Racing Drivers’ Schools (UK)
- Automated Resources Directory Service
- Auxiliary Radar Display System
- Agriculture and Rural Development Subsidiary Agreement (federal provincial program; Canada)
- Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution Architectures (troubleshooting software)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Discovery is currently conducting a Phase 2 clinical trial for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome in adults, Phase 3 and Phase 2 clinical trials for Meconium Aspiration Syndrome in full-term infants.
As control sera, we used 200 paired samples from patients with community-acquired pneumonia seen at NTUH from October 2001 to December 2002, 70 serum samples from hospitalized patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome treated in 2002 at the hospital, and 10 serum samples obtained from 10 pregnant women during routine pre-labor check-ups in 2002.
HMPV could have led to the acute respiratory distress syndrome in this immunocompromised patient.