Specialized TBI acute inpatient rehabilitation units, as opposed to general acute rehabilitation units, offer medical, psychosocial, physical and cognitive rehabilitation services specific to the needs of those who have sustained a TBI.
What does ARU stand for?
ARU stands for Acute Rehabilitation Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARU
We have 65 other meanings of ARU in our Acronym Attic
- Aerospace Reconnaissance Technical Wing
- Advanced Range Technologies Working Group (NASA)
- Ada Real-Time Executive
- Artillery Meteorological (US DoD)
- Access/Relay Unit
- Acid Recovery Unit
- Acknowledge Receipt & Understanding
- Acoustic Recording Unit
- Address Recognition Unit
- Affect, Reason, Utility (neural network models)
- Air Removal Unit
- Alarm Relay Unit (Cisco)
- Alumni Relations Unit (Asian Institute of Technology)
- American Railway Union (est. 1893)
- American Research Union
- Analog Routing Unit
- Anglia Ruskin University (Cambridge and Chelmsford, UK)
- Antenna Remote Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
A lesson can be learned from acute rehabilitation in that when prospective payment was introduced some years back, acute rehabilitation units found case management to be an effective tool in providing more efficient services.
Expanding applications of cognitive remediation: Acute rehabilitation units and low functioning patients.