Combining sequential organ failure assessment (SOFA) score with acute physiology and chronic health evaluation (APACHE) II score to predict hospital mortality of critically ill patients.
What does APACHE stand for?
APACHE stands for Acute Physiology And Chronic Health Evaluation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of APACHE
We have 13 other meanings of APACHE in our Acronym Attic
- Appropriate Technology for Community and Environment
- Asia Pacific Association of Chemical Ecologists (Tatura, Victoria, Australia)
- Asia-Pacific Conference on Applied Electromagnetics
- Audit Planning and Control Environment (audit time management system)
- Anaheim Performing Arts Center Foundation (est. 2007; California)
- Asian Pacific American Community Fund
- Acute Primary Angle-Closure Glaucoma
- [not an acronym] name for an open source HTTP/web server - a Patchy Server
- Accelerator for Physics and Chemistry of Heavy Elements
- Acute Physiology and Chronic Health Enquiry (index)
- Antarctic Plateau Anisotropy Chasing Experiment
- Association Pour l'Amélioration des Conditions d'Hospitalisation des Enfants
- Advanced Packaging for High Performance
- Asia Pacific Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Asia-Pacific Advisory Committee on Influenza
- Asian Peoples Anti-Communist League
- Asian-Pacific Association for Computational Mechanics (conference)
- Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium for Public Health
- Asia Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (Singapore)
- Advanced Personal Air Conditioning System
Samples in periodicals archive:
The assessment method is similar to the Acute Physiology and Chronic Health Evaluation (APACHE) scores that are widely used to assess severity of illness for patients in intensive care units.