The most common cause of acute heart failure is a heart attack that damages a large area of heart muscle.
What does AHF stand for?
AHF stands for Acute Heart Failure
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AHF
We have 117 other meanings of AHF in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Health Economics Society
- Animal Health Extension Services Project (China-Canada Agriculture Development Program)
- After Hours Emergency Social Services (New Brunswick, Canada)
- Arts and Humanities E-Science Support Centre (UK)
- Algarve Hotel and Tourism Businesses Association (Portugal)
- Associação dos Hotéis e Empreendimentos Turísticos do Algarve (Portugal)
- Advancing Hispanic Excellence in Technology, Engineering, Math and Science, Inc.
- Amine Hydrogen Equivalent Weight
- Agricultural Hazards Early Warning System (Association of Southeast Asian Nations; initiative)
- Active Harmonic Filter
- Adaptive High Frequency
- Advanced Hadron Facility
- Aerated Home Furnishings Ltd.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation (Los Angeles, CA)
- Al-Haramain Foundation (Saudi Arabia)
- Alaska Health Fair, Inc.
- Allan Hancock Foundation (University of Southern California)
- Alternating Hemiplegia Foundation (Association Française de l'Hémiplégie Alternante)
- Amélioration de l'Habitat Français (French: French Housing Improvement)
- American Health Foundation
Samples in periodicals archive:
DALLAS -- The obesity paradox previously described in patients with chronic systolic heart failure has, for the first time, been shown to be strikingly evident in acute heart failure as well, Dr.
Scios launched Natrecor in the United States in August 2001, making it the first new drug available for acute heart failure patients in over a decade.
Doctors didn't give Leanne Faulkner, 18, much hope when she suffered acute heart failure.