Future research might well focus on exploring the relationship between SDA, active metabolic rates, and metabolic scopes of slow growing, continuously active sharks.
What does AMR stand for?
AMR stands for Active Metabolic Rate
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AMR
We have 245 other meanings of AMR in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Message Queuing Protocol
- Aircraft Maintenance Qualification Program (US Air Force)
- Audio Master Quality Recording
- Antes Muerta Que Sencilla
- Autograph Musical Quotation Signed
- Asymmetric Multiple-Quantum Well Heterostructures
- Academia Maria Reina (school)
- Academy of Management Review
- Access My Records (health records; various locations)
- Acquisition Management Review
- Adams Media Research (est. 1993; various locations)
- Adaptive Mesh Refinement
- Adaptive Multi-Rate
- Addition, Modification and Replacement
- Address Mapping RAM (Random-Access Memory)
- Adjustable Mortgage Rate
- Admissions Marketing Report
- Advanced Manufacturing Research
- Advanced Material Request
- Advanced Material Requirement
Samples in periodicals archive:
[FIGURE 3 OMITTED] Discussion Considered alone, the power required to pull a given PSAT at a particular velocity has little relevance, but when considered in the context of an animal's usual energy expenditure to swim at that velocity, it can be expressed as %TAX (Tag Altered eXertion), defined as the increase in energy required by the animal to pull the PSAT at the specified velocity, normalized by the routine or active metabolic rate (see below).