4-inch QVGA active matrix organic light emitting diodes (AMOLED) panel.
What does AMOLED stand for?
AMOLED stands for Active Matrix Organic Light Emitting Diode
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Arkansas Mini Owners Klub (est. 2006)
- A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time series, book 12; Robert Jordan)
- Active Management of Labor
- Acute Monocytic Leukemia (also seen as AML)
- Aim Motivate Outline Link (teaching method)
- Australian Museums Online (website)
- Automated Measurement of Lineup
- American Masters of Laws Association
- A Matter Of Life And Death (British movie)
- A Matter of Life and Death (Iron Maiden album)
- Airport and Maritime Operations Manual
- Ancient Mystic Order of Melchizedek (Eatonton, GA)
- Austin Mothers of Multiples
- Association des Maladies Orphelines Midi-Pyrénées (French: Association of Orphan Diseases Midi-Pyrénées; Midi-Pyrénées, France)
- Alternant Molecular Orbital Matsubara-Toyozawa Method
- Arcipelago Multi-Oceanico Delle Micronazioni Unite (United Micronations Multi-Oceanic Archipelago)
- Acute Monosymptomatic Optic Neuritis
- Advanced Care and Alert Portable Telemedical Monitor
- Asian Meteorological Online Newsletter
- Association of Maltese Orthopaedic Nurses (Malta)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Philips LCD (NYSE:LPL)(KRX:034220), one of the world's leading TFT-LCD manufacturers, announced today that it has entered an evaluation agreement for active matrix organic light emitting diode (AMOLED) development with Eastman Kodak Company (NYSE:EK).
Having pioneered production of the world's first full-color, active matrix organic light emitting diode (OLED) displays, Eastman Kodak Company today announced that it will broaden its participation in the OLED industry in order to further promote the commercialization of OLED technology.
Business Editors 2004 Society for Information Display SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 25, 2004 Continuing its pioneering role in the OLED display industry, Eastman Kodak Company is introducing new high-performance materials for the manufacture of OLED displays and demonstrating active matrix organic light emitting diode (AM OLED) display panels in new sizes and formats, expanding the range of potential uses for the technology.
9, 2004 eMagin Corporation (AMEX:EMA), the leading developer of active matrix organic light emitting diode (OLED) microdisplays, today announced that it executed definitive agreements for a private placement of equity securities to institutional investors.
9, 2004 eMagin Corporation (AMEX:EMA), the leading developer of active matrix organic light emitting diode (OLED) microdisplays, provided the following excerpt from the Form 8K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission today in regard to the equity private placement announced earlier today.
31, 2003 eMagin Corporation (AMEX:EMA), the leading developer of active matrix organic light emitting diode (OLED) microdisplays, today announced that pursuant to the recommendation of its Audit Committee and its Board of Directors, the Company has appointed Eisner LLP as its independent auditors.
29) NOTE TO EDITORS: Multimedia Assets Available With This Story Include Graphics, Logos, Text News Releases --(BUSINESS WIRE) eMagin Corporation (AMEX:EMA), the leading manufacturer of active matrix organic light emitting diode (OLED) microdisplays, today announced the latest addition to its portfolio supporting its SVGA series OLED microdisplays, the new PC Interface Kit.