The Individual Mobilization Augmentee The IMA program immediately augments active duty units in time of war or national crisis by assigning reservists to them for training prior to such events.
What does ADU stand for?
ADU stands for Active Duty Unit
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ADU
We have 72 other meanings of ADU in our Acronym Attic
- Auxiliary Data Transfer Unit
- Abu Dhabi TV (channel; United Arab Emirates)
- Advanced Definition Television
- Allgemeine Deutsche Tanzlehrerverband (German: General German Dance Teachers Association)
- Attention Deficit TeleVision
- Average Daily Trading Volume
- Abu Dhabi University (United Arab Emirates)
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (separate living space)
- Acción Democrática Universitaria (Democratic University Action-Collegiate movement, Guatemala)
- Accumulation & Distribution Unit
- Activity Driver Unit
- Adamson University (Manila, Philippines)
- Adapter Unit
- Affordable Dwelling Unit (various locations)
- Afghan Disabled Union (Taimani Kabul, Afghanistan)
- Agence de Développement et d'Urbanisme (French: Development and Planning Agency)
- Air Data Unit
- Air Defense Unit
- Aircraft Delivery Unit
- Aironet Desktop Utility (Cisco)
Samples in periodicals archive:
USAR MI forces would backfill their respective war-trace active duty units with individuals, teams, or entire units.
Active duty units with no access should mail in their cards each April and October.
We have many of these Guard units are responding very well, from California, Nevada, Utah, Texas, Arizona, Virginia, Vermont, New York have stepped up and said we want to be a part of these new missions and they are taking part in this transformation as well as others, to try and get Guard and Reserve units mixed in more closely with the active duty units on a day-to-day basis doing the missions that are in demand today.
In addition, a permanent party of approximately 20 Soldiers supports the 842nd Transportation Battalion, an active duty unit located at the Port of Beaumont.
Because the National Guard remains under state command and control in Title 32 duty, it is able to perform law enforcement tasks free of the restrictions imposed on active duty units by the posse comitatus law.