For example, Tri-County Health Department in Colorado educated planners about designing active community environments (Roof & Maclennan, 2008).
What does ACE stand for?
ACE stands for Active Community Environments (CDC Initiative)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACE
We have 1418 other meanings of ACE in our Acronym Attic
- Acquisition Career Enhancement
- Acquisition Center for Excellence (various US DoD organizations)
- Acquisition Center of Excellence
- Acquisition Cost Evaluation
- Action against Child Exploitation
- Action Catholique des Enfants (French: Catholic Action for Children)
- Action Community for Entrepreneurship (Singapore)
- Action for Children's Education
- Action for Cooperation in Economics
- Active Community Environment
- Active Constellation Extension
- Active Control Aircraft
- Active Core Exhaust
- Active Cornering Enhancement (automobile)
- Active Corps of Executives
- Activities Children Enjoy (after school enrichment program; Los Angeles, CA)
- Activities for Curriculum Enhancement
- Actors Cabaret of Eugene (Eugene, OR)
- Actors Conservatory Ensemble
- Actuator Control Electronics (aviation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sponsored the Active Community Environments initiative to encourage walking, bicycling, and the development of accessible recreation facilities.