plants to install activated carbon injection systems to remove mercury.
What does ACI stand for?
ACI stands for Activated Carbon Injection
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACI
We have 486 other meanings of ACI in our Acronym Attic
- Access Channel Integration (HP)
- Access Communications Information
- Access Control Information
- Access Control Instruction (Netscape)
- Access Control Integration, Inc. (Memphis, TN)
- Accountability, Compliance and Integrity (Maryland)
- Accurate Contractors Inc
- Accusativus Cum Infinitivo
- Action Catholique des Milieux Indépendants (French: Catholic Action of Independent Media)
- Action Concertée Incitative (French research program; Ministry of Research)
- Active Cellular Immunotherapy (cancer treatment)
- Active Community Initiative (UK)
- Actual Cost Incurred
- Acute Coronary Insufficiency
- Additional Circuit Information
- Adjacent Channel Interference
- Administratively Controlled Information
- Adriatic Croatia International (Club and Nautical Tourism Company)
- Adult Correctional Institute (Rhode Island)
- Adult Correctional Institutions (Nebraska)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: CP STAFF In a press release hailing the EPA final NESHAP [National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants] Portland Cement rule, environmental activist and "nonprofit law firm" Earthjustice observes, "Modernizing older cement kilns with technologies such as scrubbers and activated carbon injection will help to create more jobs for the cement industry and will help preserve jobs in existing communities.
Utilities are testing newer technologies, such as activated carbon injection, to reduce mercury emissions.
In-line Powdered Activated Carbon Injection (PACI) or the Totally Enclosed Treatment System (TETS[TM]) is currently recognized as the Best Available Control Technology (BACT) by the EPA for removing mercury from off-gases from furnaces being directed to dry emission control equipment, Fabric Filters (Baghouses).