In the past 5 years, a number of UL function tests have been examined for their psychometric and clinimetric properties in people with stroke, including the Fugl-Meyer Assessment (FMA) [6-8], Wolf Motor Function Test (WMFT) [6,9-11], Box and Block Test (BBT) [7,12-14], Nine-Hole Peg Test (NHPT) [12,15-17], Action Research Arm Test (ARAT) [6-8,11,16-18], and Stroke Impact Scale (SIS) [16,19-20].
What does ARAT stand for?
ARAT stands for Action Research Arm Test (motor function test)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ARAT
We have 4 other meanings of ARAT in our Acronym Attic
- Advanced Radar Airborne Signal Processor
- As Resilient As Society Permits (vulnerability acceptance criteria)
- At-Risk Afterschool Snack Program
- Atlanta Region Airport System Plan
- Aerial Refueling Airplane Simulator Qualification (US Air Force)
- Activity Reporting and Standards System
- Association pour la Réalisation d'Actions Sociales Spécialisées (French: Social Work Specialist Development Association)
- Action de Recherche Amont Sécurité, Systèmes Embarqués et Intelligence Ambiante
- Amateur Radio Association of the Southern Tier (Elmira, NY)
- Amateur Radio Association of Southwest Florida
- Acyl CoA (Coenzyme A): Retinol Acyl Transferase
- AFSCN Ranking Assessment Tool
- Arabinofuranosylthymine (virology)
- Army Reprogramming Analysis Team
- Avion de Recherche Atmosphérique et de Télédétection (French)
- Australian Rehabilitation Assistive Technology Association (technology for people with disabilities)
- Amateur Radio Association of the Tonawandas (Tonawanda, NY)
- Association for Relations Across the Taiwan Straits
- Atelier de Recherche et d'Action Urbaines (French: Workshop on Urban Research and Action; Brussels, Belgium)
- Auxiliary Register Arithmetic Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Pre-testing: Subjects tested twice on the Fugl-Meyer (FM) Scale and Action Research Arm Test (ARAT) (19 item test with categories of grip, grasp, pinch and gross movement) one week apart.
Description The Action Research Arm Test (ARA or ARAT) is an observational test used to determine upper limb function.