President Obama declared his commitment to reduce the federal deficit by half in 4 years as Congress made final changes on legislation aimed at acquisition reform (Phillips, 2009).
What does ARO stand for?
ARO stands for Acquisition Reform (US Navy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ARO
We have 126 other meanings of ARO in our Acronym Attic
- aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator
- Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Nuclear Translocator (genetics)
- Australian Registered Nurse Training Program
- Alien Registration Number
- African Research Network for Urban Management
- Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge (Manteo, NC)
- Aircraft Repaints New Zealand
- Abrasion Resistant Overcoating
- Academic Research Organization
- Access Request Object
- Acquisition Reform Office
- Acquisition Requirements Office
- Action Recovery Online (Montana)
- Active Resonator Oscillator
- Adspirant Reserve Officier (Dutch)
- Advanced Reactor Operations
- African Regional Organizations (workshop)
- After Receipt of Order
- Agreement on Rules of Origin (United Nations)
- Agriculture Research Organization
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is no shortage of defense acquisition reform efforts.
That was one of a series of recommendations springing from an Acquisition Reform Working Group made up of government, academic and business experts.
The bottom line for any company doing business with the federal government is to understand that the acquisition reform efforts of a decade ago are on the wane; the government is now increasing its prosecution and scrutiny of contractors.
Gansler, USD (A&T) (1) Acquisition reform has been around for decades in one form or another.
AMP is a fourteen-week graduate-level program that provides information resource managers with an integrated understanding of policies, legislation, and recent acquisition reforms.
We have made significant strides in transitioning to performance-based contracts and we will continue to push the envelope on acquisition reform to enable us to be flexible, responsive and business savvy.