These kidneys can also develop acquired cystic kidney disease (ACKD), characterized by cystic dilatation of renal tubules, with an increasing incidence in parallel with the duration of dialysis (87% after 9 years).
What does ACKD stand for?
ACKD stands for Acquired Cystic Kidney Disease
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACKD
- Anglican Church of Kenya-Directorate of Social Services
- Anti-Aircraft Fire (military slang)
- Acquisition and Tracking
- Acknowledged/Not Acknowledged
- Action to Cure Kidney Cancer (New York, NY)
- Annalong Canoe and Kayak Club (UK)
- Apalachee Canoe and Kayak Club (Tallahassee, FL)
- Acknowledgement Channel
- American Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, Incorporated
- Academy of Classical Karate-Do (Plano, TX)
- Adult Children with Knitting Disorders (knitting group)
- Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease (journal)
- Advances in Conceptual Knowledge Engineering (conference)
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Christlicher Kirchen in Hamburg (German: Association of Christian Churches in Hamburg)
- Advances in Clinical Knowledge Management (workshop)
- Asian College of Knowledge Management (Hong Kong)
- Australasian Cave and Karst Management Association, Inc.
- Acquisition of Knowledge
Samples in periodicals archive:
Acquired cystic kidney disease (ACKD) develops in association with long-term kidney problems, especially in patients who have kidney failure and who have been on dialysis for a long time.