Actually eating food helps build up memory power, possibly owing to a surge to the brain in acidic fibroblast growth factor (aFGF), a substance which seems to help 'stick' memories more firmly in the hippocampus - the centre for memory and learning in the brain.
What does aFGF stand for?
aFGF stands for Acidic Fibroblast Growth Factor
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of aFGF in our Acronym Attic
- Autoflight Guidance Computer
- Air Force Global Command and Control System
- Air Force Good Conduct Medal
- Air Fluid Gas Exchange
- American Federation of Government Employees
- American Forum for Global Education
- Association of Federal Government Employees
- African Gem Resources Ltd (South Africa)
- Africa General Corporation (Pty) Ltd (South Africa)
- African General Insurance Company Ltd
- Australian Finance Group Financial Planning
- Air Force General Headquarters (China)
- Access Financial Group, Inc. (Chicago, IL)
- Advanced Future Group International (various locations)
- Ambassador Financial Group, Inc.
- Association of Financial Guaranty Insurers
- AllianceBernstein Focused Growth & Income Fund, Inc.
- Air Force Geographic Information Handling System
- Air Force Group Insurance Society (India)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Glutathione depletion associated with the HIV-1 Tat protein mediates the extracellular appearance of acidic fibroblast growth factor.